- 4-6 boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (depending on the amount of Flautas you want to make)
- Flour Tortillas (I often buy fresh in Old Town, but store-bought are fine)
- Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 or 2 Serrano peppers (depending on desired heat), chopped
- lg Yellow or White Onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of Celery, chopped
- 2 Quarts Organic Chicken Broth
- Water if needed
Season your Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside.
Chop your Onion, Celery, peppers and set aside.
In a large soup pot add your Chicken, Onion, peppers, Celery, Chicken broth, Salt and Pepper to taste and let chicken stew over medium to low heat until it can easily be pulled apart. Turn off heat and Set chicken aside until it is cool enough to touch. When Chicken is cool shred it and place into a lg bowl until you’re ready to build your Flautas.
Take a large frying pan or Wok and heat enough of the Coconut oil to fry your flautas, when the oil is in liquid form it should be about one to two inches deep.
Now it’s time to put them together, heat your tortilla on a small skillet so that they are soft enough to manage, take a hand full of your chicken and place on center of tortilla(squeeze out excess liquid), roll tortilla and place into your hot oil fold side down, with a pair of tongs turn your tortillas carefully until golden brown on all sides, place on paper towel and continue creating the rest of your Flautas.
Serve with your favorite Salsa, guacamole and hot sauce
(if your chicken broth cooks down too far just add a little water as it stews)