- 2 1/2 pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 2 lg bundles of Spinach, Steam
- Spinach, drain, chop and set aside.
- 1 bundle of Parsley, Rinse, chop and set aside(save a small amount for garnish).
- 1 lg Eggplant sliced thin, dipped in egg then dredged in flour
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- One White Onion,chopped,
- 1 pound Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pound Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt & Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Oregano (just a dash)
- Two boxes of Lasagna pasta noodles, cook using the instructions on the package, cook them until they are al dente, drain and set aside.
- Saute your onions until tender, set aside.
- Mix Ricotta cheese, drained chopped Spinach, Parsley, Oregano and onions in a large bowl, salt and pepper to taste then set aside until needed.
- Heat your Olive Oil in a skillet until hot but not smoking, fry your floured eggplant in oil until golden and set aside.
Now comes the fun part, it’s time to layer. In a large baking dish layer your Noodles, a thin amount of you Marinara Sauce, Browned Eggplant, Ricotta Mixture (making sure you completely cover with the cheese mixture), and a thin layer of the Marinara. Repeat the process then double the noodle layer over the top and fold over sides to create a nice shell. Pour a little sauce over the top and sprinkle with Mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and a bit of chopped parsley. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about an hour or until golden and bubbly.Serve with a little Marinara Sauce over each Portion and sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese, enjoy!
(Refer to the photos above for noodle placement and layering technique)
If you would like to make this a meat lasagna you can use Mamma Vendetti’s Meat Sauce instead of the Marinara.